Monday, March 7, 2011

Playing Catch Up

Sports registrations are starting, we are leaving for a mini-vacation on Thursday, I was the sickest I've ever been last week, Bodey had it too and now Dusty does, Booker is going to be 5 in two weeks, Kindergarten round up is next month, work is busier than ever, I'm training for a 1/2 marathon and an olympic triathlon, and winter is still kicking on. Does life ever slow down? Traci, the answer is no. :(

On the way home from church yesterday Booker said when he's a dad he wants two boys like I have, and one girl. He would name the girl Jessie and the boys Jay and Trevor. I don't know where he came up with this, but it was pretty cute. Booker is still loving every second of school. He can count to 100 and color like the best of them. He doesn't "scribble-scrabble like Bodey does." I can't believe in two weeks he is going to be FIVE years old. He is so ready and thinks he'll be pretty hot stuff when he's 5. He has big plans of learning how to skateboard and ride a bike with no training wheels this summer.

Bodey is crazy as ever. He doesn't settle down. He has really started to pronounce words very clearly... not starting so many words with "D" and "T". So, as my mom pointed out, she is no longer Damn-a Jenean, she has upgraded to Grandma Jenean. Bodey is a Dusty Jr. You say black, he says white. You say up, he says down. No matter what, Bodey chooses the opposite of everyone and everything else and is SUPER independent. Based on Dusty's childhood, I think we are in for it! :)

I will be sure to post pics of our mini-vacation to Branson. We are staying two nights at Big Cedar Lodge and one night at Castle Rock Resort & Waterpark. I think the boys will have a blast. Now I just have to do some laundry so we have some clean clothes to pack!

2 comments:

Partridge Family said...

Holy free holies my friend! a 1/2 marathon and an Olympic tri! You are killin me. I'm dying of envy.

I'm glad to hear you get to go on a vacation for a bit. There is nothing better than getting away from the craziness of life.

love ya!

Diana @ frontyardfoodie said...

Aww! They're growing up so fast. It's crazy how life flies by once you start having kids.