Saturday, October 26, 2013

Never Dull Moment With This One!

Bodey brings a lot of action to the table.  He's crazy, energetic, and you just never know what's gonna be next.

Like for instance, the time he busted out a window in our new house!  Yes, someday we will laugh.  I was in the garage when I heard an extremely loud bang.  I thought that better not be what it sounded like.  Low and behold, I walk outside to see a broken window... and kids nowhere in sight!  I just yelled BOYS!!!!  They both came running around the corner, Bodey just saying, "Just ground me, just ground me!" over and over again.  Booker claimed his innocence.  Somehow a piece of 2"x4" hooked to a sting got sling-shotted (that's a word now) through the window.  Seems like a step backwards in the house remodel, and the $295 repair job stung a little, but this, too, shall pass.


Last year at flag football, he was completely lost 100% of the time.  This season, he threw a touchdown pass, ran a couple of touchdowns, and pulled several flags.  He was on it.  Today, when I asked him how many flags he got, he said 3 and 1 tackle.  I said I thought he had another one and his response was, "Yeah, I saw that.  The quarterback dropped the ball.  That's when I was the rusher."  Slight improvement from last year!!!

And, most surprising of all, Bodey and school.  This is an equation that I wasn't quite sure what the answer would be.  Last year of daycare = total wreck.  1st year of preschool = my worst nightmare.  2nd year of preschool = improved behavior, no interest in academics.  Kindergarten?  Well, short of being told he needed to learn self control the first week of school, it has actually been (knock on wood), FANTASTIC!  He is totally digging it, academics and all!  Something has clicked with Bodey.  He is sounding out every word he sees, and says his favorite activity is reading.  HUH?!?!  Crazy, I know.  But, I'm so excited!  I've only had one call from the principal (for something I didn't really agree that he should have gotten in trouble for anyways) and his report card was fairly decent.  Great on all the academics... so-so on the behavior stuff.  :)  Either way, I'll take it!

2 comments:

sambob said...

Catching up on blogs.. it's been 2months. Boys are the best. :)

Simran Shah said...

baby is so cute.....
the collection of your pics are awesome,n and the photo visibility is so nice..
we are commodity tips provider,
commodity tips