Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Can't Hurt, Can It?

Booker has an obsession with going "potty." Only, he never goes. He just sits there and well, you know, plays. He keeps saying "momma, I potty" and insists on sitting on the toilet. But we get the same results every time... nothing. Not that I'm super motivated to completely potty train him right now, but I wish that if we have to go through the whole processing of stripping him so that he can sit on the toilet, I wish he would go. Anyways, I decided one night to bribe him with Bodey. I know this probably isn't the best parenting style, but hey, it usually works. If he won't eat something I tell him he better or else Bodey will. Then he chows. So I decided to try it with the potty. Results... Booker wouldn't go, Bodey didn't go, and I had to redress two kids instead of only one. :)


2 comments:

Partridge Family said...

Traci- Is that the kind of chair that makes a noise when they tinkle? Thanks for the advice about what book to read on how to get them to sleep. I can be pretty hard on Ethan when he's feeling good, but when he's teething or sick I would rather rock him to sleep as long as it doesn't become a habit.

We just moved to Omaha last Tuesday. I'm excited to see you this summer. Let me know what weekend works for you guys to get together!

Cori said...

That picture makes me smile every time!