Thursday, February 4, 2010

Smile

Booker, I just wanted to write a little bit about how you make me smile, everyday. You can really tell lately that you are almost 4. You are starting to turn into a "real" kid. No more of that baby/toddler stuff, this is the real deal. Here are some of the highlights that have made me smile lately:
  • Tonight at dinner I told you that at the rate you were going, you weren't going to get dessert. Your response? "Do I look like I'm smiling?"
  • Lately you've been using the phrase, "I'll do this the hard way."
  • After your dentist appointment you begged to go back so you could get another toy.
  • You love to learn. At school you learned about Kansas. Your teacher said that you are "that kid." When she would quiz the class she would try to give the other kids a chance to answer, but couldn't because you always shouted the answer out first.
  • At the sound of any type of music, quiet or loud, you start bustin' a move. You shake your butt and really get with it.
  • You have started to try to scare your own hiccups.
  • You are such an artist. You love to color and color better than most kids older than you. You also love to spell and write.
  • You are Bodey's biggest source of moral support. Whenever he is sad or gets hurt, you run over and hug, kiss and console him.
  • Every night at bedtime, you try to buy that one extra minute of being awake by asking the SAME question. "Um, Mommy, after it's summertime, can we go swimming?"

I just adore you Booker, never forget that!

4 comments:

Joleene said...

Very cute, and a good idea. The boys both do so many things I want to remember....I might have to borrow this idea.

Partridge Family said...

That is adorable! He is so lucky to have you for his Mom.

Kristen said...

So cute!

Cori said...

Oh how I love that little boy. Biggest smile I've ever seen---and the husky laugh is awesome.

I love you too, B-man!