Thursday, April 1, 2010

Isn't That Like 26 Miles?

Don't forget the point two. I don't really know what got into me, but I kind of made a super fast decision to run the Chicago Marathon. This year. Part of it was stupidity, part of it was pure pressure, and a lot of it was striving towards a HUGE goal that will feel GREAT to accomplish. My official training doesn't start until June. What is official training? Well, running 3 days a week with one day a week being our "long" run. That long runs quickly turns itself into 20 miles. We are literally going to run from Shawnee to Olathe. It sounds so far-fetched to me right now, but I know that once I get into the groove some crazy piece of my body will be excited to do that. I think they call it the "runners bug." :) Anyways, back to training. 3 days a week I will run, 2 days a week I will cross train (which is anything BUT running), and I will have 2 days a week of rest. For 16 weeks straight. Like I said, I don't really know what go into me.

However, that leads me to another goal. I want my boys to run with me. Not now, but maybe when they are 8 or so. Booker really admires that I run. He always wants to make sure I win... and then I explain to him that everyone that gets out there and tries, wins. But how cool would it be to cross a finish line of a 5K with one of my boys on each side of me?

4 comments:

Joleene said...

I am so excited for you guys! I wish I lived closer to be part of your team.

Cori said...

Thanks for succumbing to peer pressure. :) It wouldn't be as much fun without you!

Partridge Family said...

Is Cori running with you?? Is she better?

I am so excited for you! What will you be doing for your days of cross training??

B-Mom said...

Sara - yes, Cori is better. She has learned how to manage and prevent her injury. For cross training I will be doing anything BUT running. Swimming, weights, etc.