Sunday, March 21, 2010

Happy 4th Birthday Booker!

Booker, I have to start off by telling you thank you. Thank you for being you. I love that you are so independent, I love your crazy personality, I love how caring and loving you are, I love that you are such a great big brother, and I love that I get to call you my son... FOREVER.

Here is a picture of you when we first brought you home from the hospital. You were a dream come true. And, you were such a perfect, happy baby. My heart just melts when I look back at pictures of you when you were this little, because sadly, I don't really remember them.

Here is a picture of you at 1 year. Don't you just want to squeeze you? So loveable.

Here you are at 2 years old. This is when your personality started kicking in a little more. Two was the year of Booker being independent. And when I say that, I mean stubborn. :) But, nothing your mommy couldn't handle.

On to 3 years old. I think your fun-loving, happy-go-lucky personality shines in this picture. What a ham!

And now 4? Can you even believe it? I can't, because I'm not old enough to have a 4-year old. You have definitely changed. You are no longer a baby, no longer a toddler, but a handsome little boy. It's really showing how much you've grown, not only physically, but emotionally and academically. Every day you make me smile. Happy birthday, buddy. We love you so much!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh wow-it's hard to believe the differences in him. What a good idea to show each year like that. Thanks.
gramma

Nickie said...

ahhh tears....Happy birthday Booker!!!! Good post Mom!

Cori said...

I still remember the first time I saw him----I was like, "Dear god, it's a shrunken Dusty!" :) We love you, Booker. Happy Birthday!

Kristen said...

Awe... I love this post! Happy 4th Birthday Booker! Where does the time go?! Traci - It seems like yesterday when we were working together and you were pregnant with Booker (which reminds me that we should go get some Chipotle sometime! :)).

Sorry that we missed the party. It looks like Booker enjoyed blowing out his candles in the pic. He's so darn cute!