Saturday, October 20, 2012

Cliche?

I think not.  I honestly have the two best friends in the world.  Sorry, world, but it's true.  One is my leader, the other is my mentor.  And I'm lucky enough to have them both part of my life.

Jen, you are a born leader.  People want to be like you and do as you do.  You inspire me to be better.  And cleaner.  And more organized.  You laugh, because you think I'm making fun of you... but I'm not, I admire you!  You are a person blessed enough to have a natural knack for new ideas, organization, and crisp cleanliness with everything you touch.  I love craft days, because I get to come into your world, and learn from the best.  I also value your values.  How much you love your family and friends.  And I love learning frugality from the best of the best.  It's so nice to walk side by side with someone who I look up to, and share values with.  And inspiration?  I have to thank you for getting me where I am today.  A marathon would have never crossed my mind, much less two.  And without being a witness to your pure determination and will, I wouldn't have succeeded.  You amaze me every day.  You are also my 3rd leg in triathlons.  I can't even imagine the number of triathlons I would have given up, just thrown in the towel, if you weren't there along beside me.  You are my #1 cheerleader and motivator!

Cori, you are my mentor.  I look up to you more than you will ever know.  When I have parenting questions, I come to you.  When I have medical questions, I come to you.  But, most importantly, you started my journey to a relationship with Jesus.  I knew you had something I didn't, and I wanted a part of it.  Your model of spiritual wisdom, unending faith, and unfailing love for Jesus is the best gift I've received.  I constantly seek your advice, your common sense, and spiritual outlook.  And, like Jen, you are a girl of determination!  I have watched you go through tribulations in running that would have stopped me in my tracks, searching for a new hobby.  But not you!  It is honestly healthy for me to witness this.  I mean, you ran a half marathon with a fractured leg and pneumonia.  That's hardcore!  And it is always lurking in the back of my mind, making me dig deeper, be stronger, and accomplish more.  I am a better person because I've learned so much from you.

I'm blessed.  I have the privilege of seeing both of my best friends almost every day.  They push me beyond my limits.  We share so many values, and that gives us a bond that is hard to break.  I don't know what I did to deserve you two in my life, but obviously, God just knows what's best for me!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

you have gifts of your own to share.
i am proud to be your father.

Jennifer said...

Mike, yes she does! She is a very special friend! Thanks for all the kind words ;)