Thursday, April 18, 2013

Auto-Mode

Good thing I decided to take time to read Cori's blog, or it could have been 2014 before my next post.  But she reminded me of a milestone in Bodey's life that his slacker mom has not properly documented.  Bodey went to Kindergarten Roundup a couple of weeks ago!  Overall, it was a success and he is very excited to go to a "real" school this fall.  May 3rd, he will be graduating from preschool, while Booker finishes up college.  Or so it seems.  It is all going way too fast for this mom.

We have been super busy with swimming lessons, soccer, and now baseball has been added to the mix.  But the most time consuming event lately is that we sold our house!

Last fall, Dusty and I decided that we'd like to find a house on a little bit of land.  That way my boys can go outside and be cray-cray all day long if they want.  We currently live in a subdivision.  I can honestly say it has been the best place for us to have lived for the past 8 years.  God hand-picked our house for us.  It was Dusty and my first house.  It was the house that we brought our first baby home to, followed by baby #2!  It is where our kids 1st Day of Daycare, 1st Day of Preschool, 1st Day of Kindergarten & 1st Grade pictures have been taken.  There are so many memories that have been made here!  But equally as important, without living in this very house, I probably wouldn't have met my best friends.  If we wouldn't have moved to Basehor, I probably wouldn't have taken a job in KCK.  But it was the shortest commute, so I did.  And I met Kim and Melissa!  And right down the street from this house lives someone so very close to my heart.  She is the ONLY reason I am dreading this move.  I've been lucky enough to live just houses away from my best friend, Cori.  That's a pretty special thing.  Our kids have grown extremely close.  Well, probably to the point where they think they are siblings instead of friends.  I truly do consider them family.  However, I have to remind myself that just because we don't live houses away from each other, doesn't mean we aren't best friends and won't see each other anymore.  To prove this, in comes Jen.  If I hadn't have moved into my neighborhood and met Cori, I would have never met my other best friend, Jen.  Now, Jen doesn't live in the same 'hood as me, but we are still extremely close.  I still see her on an (almost) daily basis and love her to death.  Wow, long story short and as un-sappy as I can be, my life is better because of this house.

I've been praying about his move since December.  Is it right for us?  Is it the right time?  Dusty and I aren't really "subdivision" type people.  But maybe our kids are?  Will God give us the red light if we are making a mistake?  Will He give us green if we are in line with His plan?

A couple of weeks ago, we were finally ready to put the house on the market.  I warned my neighbor of our plans, just so she wouldn't find out by seeing a sign in our yard.  That was on a Thursday.  That Saturday, one of her friends came to our house twice, and bought it.  4 days before we listed it.  We never thought it would be that easy, and expected to go through the agony of keeping the house "show" ready month after month.  We also thought we would have time to find something we like to move into.  No such luck yet.  But, it is a good problem to have, because our biggest hurdle of selling the house is behind us.  For the short-term, we are going to move to my parents old house and keep searching.  It's been stressful, but exciting at the same time.  We are excited to see what doors are opened for us in our future!  God knew why we moved into this house, I wonder what he has in store for us next!

3 comments:

Partridge Family said...

Holy smokes! You have some serious BIG changes happening. Is that why you decided to do so many changes with your house recently? I'm excited to see what new place you buy and where you end up. Any chances of Boise, ID? I know you probably have to stay there, but I would LOVE to have you here. We also have the itch to get out of a subdivision. I didn't understand what a subdivision was when we bought one....now I just want to get out. It's nice and all, but when you grow up in WY, it's hard to settle for a sub.

Congratulations on selling your house so super fast. That is freakin awesome.

The Eaves Family said...

Ahhh neighbor, sad to hear you're leaving the neighbor!

Cori said...

I am so grateful that you and Dusty lived here for as long as you did. I shudder to think what if we had never met? I was so sad at first when the house sold, but I know that my friendship with you and Jen is one of the greatest gifts God has ever blessed me with, and He's not going to tear apart what He built. I pray every day that God will place you exactly where He wants you, and I do that with complete confidence in His plan. I know you're right---I do not live down the street from Jen, and it makes no difference, so this will be fine too. And I am excited to see what lies ahead for you guys. And you're right. My kids think the Feezells and the Spellmans are their family. We have ruined any chance of intermarriage, but extended our family by 9. Greatest gift ever. :)