Thursday, April 25, 2013

In the Swing of Things

Life has been busy!  The boys just finished up swimming lessons.  They are still going strong in soccer and baseball started last week.  This is our first year of coach/machine pitch baseball.  It will be fun to see how far they come this season.  There is a lot of room for improvement!  And, last, but not least, they are starting swim team at the end of May.  That will be interesting.  They can basically stay afloat, but I'm not sure they are swim team material.  Time will tell!  My main goal is to get them swimming very well.  We aren't aiming to win meets, but I want them to be strong swimmers so I can take a chill pill when they are around water.  And, so I can sign them up for triathlons in 2014!  :)



Speaking of triathlons, Jen and I just registered for the Kansas 70.3 Half Ironman in June.  As of this moment in time, I'm very excited!  This will definitely push me physically more than anything I've ever done.  It will be 7-8 hours of non-stop activity.  I've been training, but I don't know that I'll ever feel ready.  Especially on the bike.  That stuff is hardcore.  And I've got some work to do.  But my ultimate goal is to finish, and I know I'll make that happen!

The school year is winding down and we are ready for summer vacation!  I can't believe next year I'll have a kindergartener and a 2nd grader.  Doesn't seem possible!

We are still hunting for the "perfect" house.  Does that even exist?  Thank God for my parents.  They are going to let us live at their old house (that is still on the market) until we find something.  Truly a saving grace at this point in time!

We (mostly Bodey) have had a rough week.  Our lizard, Scooby, died Saturday.  We really liked that little guy.  Well, actually he was a girl.  Bodey was extremely upset.  His teacher said he was crying about it and just not himself.  Breaks my heart!  Poor little man.

Well, I better get back to watching The Three Stooges with my boys and their sleepover friend, Cooper.  It's 10:15 and they are still hanging in there, but all appear to be a tad sleepy.  Here's to hoping!

No comments: