Monday, February 25, 2008

Bye-Bye Baby Cage... Hello Big Boy Bed!



For those of you who don't know, Booker used to sleep in a cage. We decided that we didn't want to buy another crib when Bodey was born, so Booker was going to learn to like a big boy bed. Well, it just so happened that when we decided to move Booker to his new bed, I was 8 months pregnant and Dusty was working nights. Not a good combination! Booker figured out all too fast that he could get out whenever he wanted and as many times as he wanted. After I counted 26 times in about a half an hour that Booker had escaped, I threw in the towel. I called Dusty crying and told him he is going back to the crib. Dusty told me not to worry, he would build something around Booker's bed so that he couldn't escape and so he would feel secure like he did in his crib. That's what we like to refer to as "the cage." It was WONDERFUL! He could no longer escape, and he loved it! Well, a couple of weeks ago we decided that Booker was ready to be unleashed and we took off the cage. Unfortunately, I didn't get a picture of the cage on the bed. He loves his big boy bed and has been doing great. He never gets out when we put him to bed. The only thing that I am struggling with is that now he thinks it is time to party at 6am and there is no getting that boy to fall back to sleep. Oh well, I guess I have to choose my battles.

1 comment:

Cori said...

When we drove past your house the other day, I told Johnny, "Hey! That's B-man's cage!" He thought it was so funny. Glad he's graduated!