Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Doctor Appointment Cancelled, But We Went Anyway


Booker and Bodey were supposed to have their 2 year and 6 month checkups this morning, but Dr. Yu was sick, so their appointment was cancelled. I was so bummed because I have lots of questions and I wanted to see how much they have grown since their last visit. Well, we ended up going to the doctor anyway, except it was in the form of Urgent Care. This evening Bodey had a fever of 102 and he's been coughing and pulling on his ear. So, I decided I would go ahead and take him in tonight instead of trying to get in in the morning. I'm glad I did, the poor little guy has croup. The doctor said he was glad I brought him in tonight because he was wheezing so bad. They checked his oxygen level after they gave him a breathing treatment and it was better, but still not great. He was given a prescription for a steriod and I'm monitoring his breathing throughout the night. I just went in and he still feels really warm, but his breathing seemed fine. He is such a trooper though; the nurse said he's the happiest kid she's seen all day. He was just smiling at everyone he saw. So even though I didn't want to go to see the "sick" doctor today, I still found out that Bodey is a whopping 20 pounds! Gotta love it!

2 comments:

Partridge Family said...

20 pounds??? Holy cow, what do you feed the lil guy?? Ethan is going on 9 months and is 15.5 pds. We are moving to Omaha in May for 6 months to a year and then we will head to KS. With the economy being so bad, the company wanted to wait a bit before opening a distribution center. How far are you from Omaha?

B-Mom said...

Sara- We are only about 3 hours from Omaha, so we will definitely have to get together! Bodey is a little chunk, Booker is almost 2 and only weighs 27 pounds. We keep telling Booker he better watch out because his little brother is going to start paying him back!