Friday, July 25, 2008

Happy Fishies




Wednesday evening Rachel and I took the kids to the new Tonganoxie pool. I absolutely loved it! On a weeknight it wasn't super crowded and it was actually, dare I say, relaxing! I didn't have to constantly stress and worry about the boys. There was a zero depth entry kids pool which is only a foot deep at it's deepest. And, right across from that was a little splash area. Booker just went back and forth with his floaties on and I didn't have to worry. I just put Bodey in his little innertube in the kids pool and since he could reach the bottom, he just walked around smiling and splashing. I was really proud of Booker. We went to the deep end and he was so brave. All he had was his floaties on, and he just relaxed and floated around. When I tried to hold on to him he would say "myself." He didn't want my help. Also, he loved jumping off the edge. First, it was into my arms, but then he was jumping in all by himself. He would go all the way under the water and then I would pull him up. I'm glad they are both comfortable in the water. Dusty and I were both swimmers and we feel it is really important to get our kids used to the water at a young age. I was kind of scared to tell Dusty that it cost $10 for the 3 of us to go swimming for an hour, but he actually said, "Well, if you do it twice a week that's only $20, and it's worth it to get them in the water." So, Tongie, we might be heading your direction a little more than planned!

No comments: