Monday, February 9, 2009

As If We Weren't Noticeable Enough

Last night Booker and I went to Walmart. I was kind of in a hurry because Dusty was back at home with a sick and cranky Bodey, and it was getting close to Booker's bedtime. We grabbed a cart and headed to grab our few items. About 3 isles in our cart started to squeal. Not just a squeaky cart, but like we were punishing small animals squeaky. Every single person in that store looked at us. The employees I passed were all like, ohhhh, we need to get rid of that one. Booker and I just kept laughing and Booker repeated, "We have a loud cart!" Now, if you are easily offended, please don't read on because I'm not the best at being politically correct. When I was grabbing some iced tea, I hear Booker yell, "Santa!" I turned around and standing right next to us was a Muslim man, with a red towel wrapped on his head, and a long grayish-white beard. I could tell I was flushed and I just hauled off, trying to keep my burst of laughter until we rounded the next corner. Reason #1,590,238 I don't love to go out in public with a 2-year old. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How funny!! I am surprised you could wait to go around the corner to laugh. This reminds me of Walmart here the other day. My older friend had a squeaky cart and I said to her, " Leona, you're squeaking!" She just laughed and said she had to keep it because she was in a big hurry. Ma

Kim said...

I was the first to hear this story and I still laugh every time I hear it. 2 year olds....gotta love 'em.

Cook Family said...

wow our boys really need to hang out together... we were at a FUNERAL and guy with gray hair and a beard was there and he wouldn't stop yelling SANTA... terrible!