Saturday, March 21, 2009

The Big 3!

Booker Michael, I wonder if there will ever be a year when I don't remember this day 3 years ago as clearly as I still do. It was truly the day that changed my life forever, for the better. I will never be the same person I was at 7:59pm on March 21st as the person I became at 8:00pm. I am the luckiest person alive to be your mom. I have been dreading this day for the last few months. Mainly because I just don't want you to grow up. But this morning when you ran into my room to wake me up, I was just so happy for you. I couldn't wait to wish you happy birthday. I couldn't wait to see you celebrate with all your loved ones. You are growing into such a great kid! You have learned so much this past year, and sadly, you are no longer a baby, nor a toddler. You are pretty much a big boy. But we have been so fortunate to have had you in our lives for the past 3 years. You amaze me every day. You make me smile every day. You make me laugh every day. Thank you for that! Now, I've heard through the grapevine that the 3's are worse than the 2's. This ought to be interesting, but I'm in it for the long haul. Bring it on baby, because I don't know what I would do without you.

Booker's new Spiderman bike, thanks Nana & Papa!



What 3-year old doesn't want a duck cake?

3 comments:

Cori said...

Love the cake! Sorry we missed the party B-man! Looks like you got a haul. :) Have a great birthday!

Cook Family said...

what a big boy!! happy Birthday!

Kim said...

This post brought tears to my eyes. I can't believe how fast it goes.