Friday, April 17, 2009

Catching Up & Randomness

Last Friday we finally got our new puppy, Avery. It seems like in the last week she has already doubled in size. And, she is a true lab puppy and chews on EVERYTHING. Not so sure I love that part. She is doing really well with sleeping through the night and potty training. *Side Note: Notice how much she is like a baby? I think Dusty was trying to put an end to my baby fever. Not working, but that's besides the point.* Anyways, she is just a sweetheart and the boys love her. Well, Booker loves her. Bodey has found a new appreciation for Harley and is sick of Avery nipping at him all the time.

Which one is she? See, she fits right in!
Ok, so this is the first time I have blogged about my upcoming event. I have been putting it off. Why? So I wouldn't disappoint anyone if I decided at the last minute to drop out. May 2nd is the day of my first triathlon. I have been somewhat training since about February. This week I hit it pretty hard, but I still have such a long ways to go. My body is pretty much in shock. I can hear my legs yelling at me, "What are you doing to us! Why are we burning? We don't like this, we like to sit on the couch and get chubby." Well, sorry legs (and butt), but we are going to get through this. Anyways, the tri is 200 meters swimming, which I've got in the bag. It is 13 miles biking, which may be difficult at times, but I know I can do. And, 3.1 (yes, .1) miles of running. Ug. This is my weak area. Although, with the help of my dear friends that are brave enough (or stupid enough) to do this with me, I think I can survive it. I may not be riding my bike or running the entire thing, but I've come to terms with the fact that it is OK to walk. All I want to do is finish this. I never pictured myself doing anything like this, but has become quite addictive. Who knows what lies in the days beyond May 2nd. Cori, any ideas? :)
Here are my biking buddies (an extra 75 lbs!)
Booker, Reese & Bodey having a little movie night.

3 comments:

Cori said...

I'm thinking that next year we'll try a half-marathon....:)

See, we'll need the biking and swimming as part of our cross-training.

Partridge Family said...

You'll do great Traci! You have such a competitive spirt about you, that I know you will be just fine. Mine is on Saturday, I'm sure I'll write a lengthy blog all about it! Way to go us!

dave said...

Great Job Traci! I'm excited that all of the grandparents will be close, too. We're 700 miles away and it is not good. How far were the swim/bike/run??