Monday, April 20, 2009

Cushman

Saturday morning Dusty and I decided to drive out to Clinton Lake in Lawrence to a farm where we used to store our old boat and store Dusty's duck hunting boat. This old couple lets people park their boats, campers, trailers, etc. in one of their pastures for a more reasonable price than anywhere in the city. When we were tarping up the boat the old man wandered out to talk to us. He started sharing with me all the things he has built in his woodshop and asked me to come look at them. So I went and checked out a cedar chest and a little kids bed in his garage and basement. When we were getting ready to walk back he said, "Here, we'll just ride this," and he pointed to this 3-wheeled motorized thing. I asked him what it was and he said a Cushman. It was a pretty neat little deal. When we got back to the car he said he'd be willing to take the boys on a short ride. What harm could it be? So I let him take the boys for a spin. I think it just made his day.


2 comments:

Kristen said...

That's so cute!

Anonymous said...

That is so nice of you. We old people love that sh--!!!