Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Countdown

Well, here I am, 3 days away from my triathlon. It seemed so far away not so long ago... back when I "challenged" myself to see if it was possible for me to run a mile on the treadmill without stopping. Let me tell you, that was no easy feat. And the first time I rode my bike 12 miles around a lake - up and down, and up and down - not easy either. Then, to try to ride my bike 12 miles and then go right into running 3 miles? One of the hardest things I've done. Am I crazy? Yes. But I love it! I feel the best about myself that I have since high school. I'm also in the best shape I've been in since high school. My adrenaline gets to pumping when I think about what lies ahead of me on Saturday. I can't wait to say I did it. I can't wait to see my husband and my son at the finish line. I can't wait to see the smiles on Jen, Kristin and Cori's faces when they have accomplished it too. I have been very anxious all day today, just starting to sweat the small stuff. Like, am I going to get a chance to do one last brick today, or is the weather going to stop me? I've decided that I don't even care what the weather is, as long as I don't get struck by lightning. That's pretty much the only thing that will hold me back. Truly, I just want to finish. But lately, my competitiveness has been coming out and I want to try for a good time. I know it is physically possible for me to do this, now I just have to convince myself that I won't die and I can push myself. Now all I have to do is put my gameface on, because it's showtime!

4 comments:

Cori said...

You will be AWESOME! You have come so far from that "can't run a mile" day. I am so proud of you, and especially because training has not been easy for you. You've had a full-time job to work around, and yet you did it! You're an inspiration to all working moms!

Melissa said...

You Go Girl!!! (picture me saying that with my fingers snapping) :-)
I really am very proud of you. It's taken a lot of hard work and I know you are ready for this! Good luck and have fun!

Anonymous said...

See you at the finish! Way to go Traci : ) you are a wonderful gal

Kristen said...

I think I already told you this, but again... I'm SO impressed!!! Good luck on Saturday! I'm sure you'll do great!