Monday, July 20, 2009

My Date With a Lovely Young Man

I got to go on one of the best dates ever. Yes, Booker and I went out for a movie night a couple of weeks ago. I've never been brave enough to take the kids to the movie theater (not to mention that I think it's a complete rip off), but I knew that Booker was ready. I know how glued to the TV he can be, so when I saw the preview to Ice Age 3, I was all over it. For a few weeks everytime we would see the preview, I would get him all pumped up. I told him that I'm going to take him to his 1st movie. For the longest time, he thought it was called the "My First" movie. So the night finally came and I picked Booker up from school - just him, so he thought that was special. Then we drove throught McDonald's for some nuggets and chocolate milk. We just happened to get an Ice Age toy to take along with us. As we were walking in, holding hands, Booker said, "Mommy, your my best fwend." That just melted my heart! We found 2 seats that were all my themselves with no one else around us and parked it. Booker was in awe at the huge screen and how loud it was. When the movie finally started Booker yelled, "Hey, Mommy! There it is!" So loud, but so cute. He sat on the edge of his chair for most of the movie eating his candy and drinking his pop (which he hardly EVER gets). Then for the last 1/3rd, he sat on my lap. It was so much fun. He was so mature and well-behaved. I'm going to have to make sure that I go on "dates" with both of the boys until they're too old that they won't let me anymore! That night when I was tucking Booker in to bed, he popped up and said, "Mommy, you take me to the movie before bedtime again?" Of course I will bud!


4 comments:

Megan said...

That is SO sweet. By the way, I love his picture-taking faces. They crack me up.

Kristen said...

I really enjoyed reading that... Booker is such a sweetie! I'm glad that you had a great time!

Cori said...

Great idea! I'm going to have to copy that!

Melissa said...

I must be emotional tonight cause both yours and Kim's blogs brought me to tears. That is so sweet that he said you were is best friend! And he looks so grown up! They are getting too old to fast. Tell them to stop. :-)