Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Family Vacation

We had a wonderful vacation up to Wyoming last week. I drove the boys up by myself and met Dusty there. I had no idea what my future held, but they boys did great. I honestly cannot complain at all. They were in their carseats pretty much for 3 days straight on the ride up and watched TV almost the entire time. I don't know if that is something I'm supposed to be excited about, but I am. We were lucky enough to see so many friends and family while there.

Entering the most beautiful state ever.

Can't miss Wall Drug.

2nd Cousins - Carter, Booker, Sidney, Bodey

Booker & Bodey's cousin, Maranda

On top of the world.

Ten Sleep Creek
Bodey, mad after he fell in the freezing pond. I love his trail!

Having a picnic outside great-grandpa and grandma's house in the mountains.

View of the canyon from our 4-wheeler ride.

You can honestly see for 100s of miles.

Bodester next to the rock wall.


Handsome lil fella!

I guess Popeye came along with us.

Booker driving the 4-wheeler.

Devil's Tower
Bear Country USA

Mount Rushmore

Reptile Gardens

Bodey LOVED the tortoises.

Booker going down the dino slide at Star Plunge in Thermopolis at the Hot Springs pools.


What kids should be doing on long road trips...

What happens when you pump them full of sugar to keep them happy. :)
I absolutely loved having an entire week off with my family. It was soooo nice to wake up and plan a day out that didn't involve daycare and work. Thank you God for letting us have such a great time together.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Good pictures! The boys are getting so big...and Bodey's hair is getting so long. I miss you guys!!! Hopefully I'll get you see you in Dec.

danielandjamaica said...

Thanks for the little picture trip up there! Nice to see it without having to actually go up there! :) Nice to know everyone else hits Devil's tower and reptile gardens on their way to Rushmore. That's the CORRECT way to do it. Could have used a picture of Taco Johns though... next time! :) We too only make it up once a year. That's enough.