Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Ode to the Smothered Super Dan

For those of you who have never been to Worland, Wyoming, I am so sorry. Most of the town sucks, but there is one reason to keep going back. My dear friends, you have never had the most divine breakfast ever until you have experienced the Smothered Super Dan breakfast burrito. My lips are watering just writing about it. It is filled with bacon, refried beans, hashbrowns and eggs (for those who like those nasty slimy things). I prefer to get mine egg-free. Then it is smothered in pork chili and topped with cheese. Now, don't be a hater. It's not chili like you put on a hotdog or serve on football Sunday. No, this is pork chili, and it is more like a sauce. My favorite thing about it is that you never know what you're going to get. Some mornings you can barely taste the heat, and other mornings you get a mixture of the hottest peppers ever and can barely tolerate it. But the flavor is out of this world. We even get a side of hashbrowns smothered in pork chili. If I could I would have dozens of these things mailed down here so that I didn't relapse. Only having them once a year - at the most - is very hard on me.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

oohhh-it looks soooo goooood. Yum. I only got two when I was home.

Anonymous said...

I love those darn things. I only got two when I was home..
mom

Melissa said...

I'm so glad you got your fix. Knowing you got your Smothered Super Dan put a smile on my face. I've heard you talk about it so many times. :-)

Rachel said...

neighbor, that is sick. :)

Megan said...

It's mean to tease people in other countries with delicious American food. :)

That looks sooooo yummy.