Sunday, November 22, 2009

Gobbler Grind 1/2 Marathon

Today I accomplished something that 1 year ago never even crossed my mind as something I would ever do in my lifetime. I ran a half marathon! Whoa, I still can't believe I did it, but I am so proud of myself. I felt really good almost the entire way too. Miles 6-8 were the hardest for me, but by mile 10 I was ready to kick it in gear and finish it up. I ended up finishing in 2 hours and 15 minutes which I couldn't be happier with. My goal was 2 hours and 20 minutes. I'm definitely feeling it right now though, and I'm sure I'll hurt tomorrow too. I would like to thank all my friends and family for being so supportive through all the nights of training I've been doing the last 3 months. I couldn't have done it without any of you. You know what the best feeling about this was? Seeing my husband, my boys and my best friends at the finish line. I honestly couldn't have asked for anything more. I am so blessed.



When I realized my dearest friend, Cori, came down to watch me finish I started crying. It truly meant the world to me.


Starting to tighten up... OUCH!


These boys are the reason I did this!

7 comments:

Nickie said...

Awesome Awesome job! I am so proud of you!!!!

Cori said...

So glad that I was there! I just love you Trace, and I'm so proud of you!!!

Megan said...

I can't read my sister's and your blogs anymore at work. You both just made me tear up and I look like a loon crying over "government contracts". I'm proud of you Traci! Awesome job. :)

Anonymous said...

gosh,seeing you tearing up made me tear up..oh good grief!!

Partridge Family said...

I am SO SO proud of you Traci!! That is such an accomplishment. How are you feeling today?

JEN&JIMMY said...

You are such a stud Trace! I can't believe you! Make your next goal the St George Marathon in October 2010!!!! You can do it!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!