Friday, December 18, 2009

Weekend in Omaha

Last weekend, the boys and I drove up to Omaha to see one of my dearest friends, Sara. Sara and I have been friends since 1st grade. She has always been the one person that I can laugh so hard I pee my pants when I'm around her (literally). It's kind of crazy that she ended up in Omaha, only 3 short hours away from me, when we are both from Wyoming. However, she just found out she is moving to Idaho, and I just knew I had to get up to see her one last time... since it could be YEARS before we see each other again. When we arrived she made us some sandwiches and then we made the mutual agreement to let the boys skip their naps and play in the snow. Omaha got dumped on that week and had over a foot of snow for us to play in.

Bodey didn't like it so much since it was so deep he couldn't move.


There is a story behind this picture. Dusty makes fun of my snowboots. They are from middle school and purple in color. But, they are a really good pair of Sorel boots and I only wear them a couple of times a year, so I refuse to buy new ones, despite their appearance. When I pulled them out of my bag, Sara kind of chuckled and asked if those were my boots from middle school. I proudly said yes... and then she pulled out hers. Bright pink Sorel snowboots from middle school. So, we had to get a picture that would show them off. Getting the perfect picture was one of those "pee in the pants" kind of moments... although neither of us did! The thing I love about this picture is Bodey just standing in place (because he never moved), Ethan trying to climb to his mommy, who kept trying to "place" him out of the way, and Booker, whose head you can't see because he liked to bury it in the snow.

Once Bodey finally figured out that you can eat the snow (fancy that), he was good to go.

Booker was a total and complete snow maniac. I was pretty suprised since he seems to be the complainer of the family. He LOVED the snow and could have played in it for hours if I would have let him.


Here are the boys enjoying a nice little snow snack.

After playing in the snow, we made pizza. And I mean we MADE pizza... like homemade dough and everything. :) The boys were a great help, as you can see!

Time to clean up and go to bed.

Thank you, Sara, for letting us come visit on such short notice and in the middle of you trying to pack up your house. As usual, we have created some awesome memories.

1 comment:

Megan said...

I'm lovin' the boots. I'm actually jealous that I don't have my old ones.