Monday, August 29, 2011

Welcome Home Booker!

Tonight Booker moved out. For the last three nights in a row, he has insisted that he is moving in with the neighbors. He and his neighbor friend, Ava, have gotten very close lately. They have a lot in common. They both have the hugest hearts, and a love for creatures. Lizards, snakes and bugs are they type of things that excite these two. The last two nights I have stood my ground and told him he's not moving in with them. He just grounds his little feet in their carpet and tells me he's not going home with me. It's not that he's mad at me, or doesn't love me, he's just ready to move out. And he's so serious when he informs us of this news.

Fast forward to tonight, when Dusty hears that he wants to move in with the neighbors.

Daddy: Ok, Booker, get your pillow. You can move over there (obviously thinking we would win with reverse psychology).

So Booker grabbed his pillow and headed down the sidewalk to the neighbors house. As we were watching him, he turned back a few times, but just kept on going. Then I saw Cori answer the door and start laughing. Here's what he said upon his arrival at his new home (all in a very serious, all business tone):

Booker (as Cori opened the door): Finally, I get to move in with you.

Cori: Does your mom know you are down here?

Booker: My dad said I could move in with you.

Ava: Booker, are you spending the night!!??

Booker: No, I'm moving in with you guys.

So I get on the phone with him and tell him that he can spend the night sometime, but not tonight, it's a school night.

Booker: They can take me to school, mom.

Me: But your little brother is so sad, and his misses you!

Bodey, in the background: No, mom, I said I wanted to move with him!

Booker: Mom, I heard that.

Finally I convinced him to come home and that sometime on the weekend he can spend the night over at Ava's house. He agreed and started his slow walk back down the sidewalk.





Bodey couldn't wait for his big brother to move back in.



When he got back home he came downstairs and told me, "Mom, I've been thinking. I'll stay here with you guys and just spend the night at their house on the weekends." But we did agree he wasn't going to tell mommy he was moving out any more.


7 comments:

Cori said...

I LOVE that boy! I hope he never asks me, I couldn't say no!

B-Mom said...

You'll be getting asked... SOON! Don't you worry. But it would help if you didn't send him home with SNACKS! That doesn't scare him away!

Megan said...

That is the cutest story ever. AW!

gramma said...

I can't believe he did that! What a little nut. And walking down the street with his pillow? He cracks me up!

Kristen said...

Bahahaha! That is hilarious!

Jennifer said...

Love it! He is so darn cute

Lindsey @ The Hill House said...

Ha! That's great! Totally sounds like something one of my kids would do! :)