Thursday, January 10, 2013

Broken Little Boy

Yesterday, late afternoon, the boys were downstairs being boys.  Then I heard Booker screaming and Bodey ran up to tell me I needed to help him now!  I ran downstairs and Booker was holding his foot, yelling, "It's broken!  I broke it!  It's broken!"  I tried icing it and examining it.  He just kept crying all evening.  It didn't look bruised or swollen.  He wouldn't put any weight on it AT ALL.  But then when I was putting him to bed I noticed it was swelling. So we headed down to Children's Mercy this morning to get to the bottom of this.  Turns out he broke his 3rd metatarsal.  They put him in a boot, that he hates, and sent us on our way.  We are going to see an orthopedic doctor in a week.  So, bye-bye wrestling season.  Just when he was really starting to pay attention learning new moves to pin his next opponent.  Grrrr!  But, I think I'm more upset about wrestling season than he is.  Next hurdle, getting him to try to stand and put weight on it and getting him to walk.  Easier said than done.  The kid needs to go to school, but not so sure tomorrow will be the day.

1 comment:

Cori said...

Impressive diagrams, friend! ;) Poor B Man.