Thursday, January 31, 2013

Walking Boots and Snow Boots

Today we got good news from the doc!  Booker got his boot off!  He was really slow walking at first.  Like really slow.  But I sent him to school because he said it didn't hurt and I thought he might stop thinking so much and be himself at school.  By tonight, he was walking pretty normally.  We are taking it easy for a week.  The doctor just said to ease in to activities this week at his pace.  Which could be fast!  We all practically forgot he even had a boot or a broken foot there at the end.  He was running all over the place and playing football and basketball with the neighbors!  Judge me if you want, but if he's fine this week, he'll go to wrestling practice next Thursday and possibly a tournament next Sunday.  ONLY if he isn't having any problems.
Here is the scene we all got used to seeing... the boot.
And here he is with his foot back!  Looks weird now!
He still has his bruise on the bottom of his foot.  The doc said that's right where the break was.

Meanwhile, Bodey is still going strong!  We got enough snow to cover the ground yesterday and it was all I could do to keep him inside.  Even though it was sooooo cold outside, I had to remind myself not to make the kids' decisions based on my love for being nice and warm and cozy.  When I was a kid, I didn't even notice if it was cold outside if I was having fun.  He played outside by himself for quite a while and never complained of being cold.

2 comments:

sambob said...

Love that Booker is using Bodey as a foot stand... :-)

gramma said...

I remember one time you and Karah thought it was cold outside, but then you were taking off your clothes!!!