Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Just Funny

Bodey cracks me up.  I really could (and probably should) blog about something funny he says every day!  I need to get better at that... since I have already forgotten almost all the funny things he's said.

Here's our conversation when I was tucking him in last night:
B:  When are we going to Walmart?
M: I'm not sure, I just went.  Why?
B:  I need some mints, chapstick and some toys.
M:  Mints and chapstick?
B:  Yep.  The school's pizza sauce is really liquidy, and when I eat it, I lick my lips a lot, so I need chapstick!

Each day when the kids get in the car, they tell me what color they were on for the day.  Booker is almost always on green.  He's a rule-follower and pretty predictable.  With Bodey, you just never know.  Green is the highest, and he really is on green the majority of the time.  However, he gets 1-2 blues each week (one step down from green in kindergarten).  Today he jumped in the car and said "B!"  He has been spelling as many words as he can lately, and also just saying the first letter of the word he is hinting at.  I asked why he got on blue.  "Well, I fell asleep on the job."  I am so glad he can't see my face when I'm driving because I was about to lose it!  "I was supposed to be watching the calendar person change the calendar, but I was just soooooooo tired!"

Speaking of just saying the first letters of each word, Bodey has been asking me just about every hour on the hour for an A, B, or O.  Seriously, the boy can eat a whole meal and ask for food 10 minutes later!  He also knows that if he asks for an apple, banana, or orange I'll let him snack.

No comments: