Friday, June 20, 2008

Booker Decides He's a Big Boy!

I'm not really sure what happened, but Booker decided all of a sudden that he was going to go potty on the big boy toilet. As you may remember, we went through a span of time where Booker said he wanted to go potty, but just sat and did nothing. He decided on Sunday that he was ready to do the real thing... and he went! It was pretty exciting. We celebrated - a lot. He got stickers and high fives and hugs and kisses and cheering... AND he got to wipe (do all boys wipe?), flush, and wash (his hands). I guess all this was worth doing it again. He is telling me and Nicole (daycare) almost every time he needs to go. People tell you all the time that they will learn when they are ready. I just figured that meant when he was 5, not 2! Dusty and I are so proud of him, and he is so proud of himself! He even has new "truck" pull-ups. I really hope this isn't just another "phase" he is going through that gets old after a few days. But so far, so good. Someday we might only have one kid in diapers - ah, there is a God!

2 comments:

Nickie said...

oh I so remember when Ella potty trained. it was the most successful I have ever felt in all my life. It is for sure something worth celebrating!

Cori said...

I'm jealous! No one potty trains a boy before he's 2 1/2. Cooper may have to come and live with you in 2 years.