Monday, June 9, 2008

Catch Up

So, I feel really bad that I haven't blogged in a while, but this girl has been busy! Dusty and I just got back from a VACATION to Mexico. Let me just say, it was absolutely wonderful, but there is nothing better than the moment you see your two little boys you haven't seen in over a week. I think the next few vacations will be FAMILY vacations; I just missed them so much. I couldn't wait to get home and squeeze Bodey's fat rolls on his legs and hear Booker tell me "Har Yu" (Love You in Booker language). Even though I worried about leaving my kids, I know they couldn't have been in a better place... Nana and Papa's house. Thank you Nana and Papa for the sleepless nights and rounds of time-out, just so we could enjoy ourselves on the beach. You guys are great and we are SO fortunate to have you.

Booker's newest obsession is bugs and fish... gee, fancy that! One evening while I was mowing the lawn, my neighbor Rachel took the boys to her house to play. Booker found two rolly pollies and put one in each hand. And he held them. And he held them. He just carried on playing like they weren't even there. Then, when he need his hands, he would set them down, do what he needed, and pick them back up. Booker got a fishing pole for his birthday and finally got to go "fishing" with dad. I think it was more of a treat for Dusty than it was Booker. Dusty has been waiting for the day that he can take his boys hunting and fishing. Booker caught two fish on his first trip out. They are two peas in a pod, and I think this picture proves it.

Before we left to Mexico, Bodey decided that there is a party in his crib... every night! I used to just lay him down and whalla! he was asleep. Not anymore... see for yourself:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ohhhh, I miss those little guys sooo much. That cracks me up about the rolly bugs. There is something fascinating about them, ya have to agree. But this thing about the grandparents. They are so lucky. It ain't fair!!
ma