Friday, June 20, 2008

Can a 9-Month Old Out Smart Me?

Ok, so I feel like one of those hypochondriatic mothers. I honestly didn't take Booker to the doctor for everything, but Bodey has proven to be different. Twice I have second guessed myself about how sick Bodey was, and twice he has landed himself in Children's Mercy. So anyways, Bodey went to the doctor this week for a mom-diagnosed ear infection. Bodey had been up screaming for several nights in a row. Not just crying, but screaming at the top of his lungs. I have always been the "cry it out" kind of mom, but this kid just wouldn't. This may sound bad, but I let him cry for 45 minutes at my wits end. He has also been tugging at his left ear. But all of this only happened at night. So I thought for sure that he had some drainage at night that was bothering his ears. And Dr. Yu says... "His ears look wonderful. I think he is having nightmares. Try leaving a light on for him. That should help." Hum. I feel stupid. That night, I left a dim light on for him, and the little bugger slept from 8pm to 5:20am. That could be a record. Oh yeah, and about the ear tugging... supposedly my little smart Bodey has realized that I react every time he tugs on his ear. And now he knows that is a way to get my attention. Oh, we have a long road ahead of us!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Me again-your mom. The little buggers learn how to outsmart you when they are in their cribs! They are wayyyyyy ahead of you!!