Saturday, August 22, 2009

Shopping Spree: Dave Ramsey Approved

Today I went to Walmart to pick up some last minute supplies for Bodey's birthday party. I had the boys dressed alike and strapped into the double cart. This girl with a little boy about the boys' age stopped me and asked if they were twins. Long story short we somehow ended up talking about kids clothes and she slipped in the fact that Children's Place was having their $2.99 summer clearance sale. Oooohhh, I was so there! So I took the kids home, put them down for their nap, and off I went. What did I find?

11 - shirts, many of them collared polo style
5 - pairs of shorts
2 - pairs of jeans
2 - pairs of PJs

And the grand total? Only $64 after tax! That, my friends, is a good deal. Cheaper than Walmart. Heck, it's even cheaper than Craigslist. I also printed off a 15% off coupon from the internet and averaged only $2.50 per item. Whooo Hoooo!! The way I see it is that I'm going to have to buy them a new summer wardrobe anyway, so why not do it for dirt cheap a year early?