Monday, August 31, 2009

Stubborn Mispronounciation

Saturday night we took the kids to the Demolition Derby in McLouth. Booker was in hog heaven. He loved every minute of watching cars crash into each other, push each other into the ditch, and get hauled out by tractors. Right up his alley. Crashing cars is now the new fad in our house.

So, this morning on our drive to school Booker was in the back seat with two little matchbox cars, crashing them together, over and over again. Then he says, "Mom, the blue car pushed the black car in the dick." I chuckled under my breath and asked him, "What?" "The blue car just pushed the black car in the dick." I told him that the hole the cars were falling into was called a ditch. I was hoping that he would either correct himself or forget about this at school. I could just see the look of "What in the world?" on his teacher's face...

Fast forward to tonight on the way home from school, blue and black cars in hand. "Mom, watch this! The blue car is winning. It pushed the black car in the dick." "Booker, it is a ditch." "No it's not, it's a dick." "No, Booker, you are wrong. It is a ditch. It's just like witch, but ditch." "No, it's just like a hole cars fall into." Whatever Dusty Jr. Quit being so darn stubborn!

2 comments:

Cori said...

HAHAHAHAHA! Glad I'm not the only one being embarrassed by my child. :)

Anonymous said...

Good fill someone in on and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you on your information.