Friday, May 14, 2010

Man of Many Words

Yesterday after school, Booker was teaching me what he learned at school. Yes, I said teaching, not telling, because I learn so much from my 4-year old. He kept repeating:

"The people of Israel, they say Shalom. The people of Israel, they say Shalom. Mommy, that means hello."

Then, as he would put his hands together and bow, he would say, "Konnichi wa. That's how you say hello in Japan."

So freakin' cute! And, might I add, so freakin' smart!

However, on a sour note, there have been times lately that I can't stand Booker's voice. I know that sounds horrible, but honestly he's at this stage in his life where EVERY WORD that comes out of his mouth is in a whiny voice. He has no normal voice. He's always complaining, whining or crying. It's really getting annoying. I hope it ends soon. I hope puberty comes soon so he gets a more manly voice instead of the "squeeky little Booker" voice he has now. With that said, I know that all too soon, I will miss it. But for now it can go.

No comments: