Friday, January 7, 2011

Crazy Perfect Busy Magical

All of those words describe our December. As December usually does, it slipped away from us yet again. It's like we don't have any time between Thanksgiving and New Years, yet we cram pack so much into that month of December that falls in between. Here are a few of our highlights:

I went with the boys on their school field trip to Santa's Express. I was so thankful that I got to take this morning off work to go with them. The hat Booker is wearing is the one that each kid in his class made. They wore them to be just like Regan when she came to visit school for her birthday party.

I'm a little disappointed with my "Santa" pictures this year. This was the only time we went to see Santa, and they couldn't even sit on his lap. And I don't have one of them together and the lighting was horrible for pictures, but oh well. Mrs. Claus wasn't in the mood to stand in lines this year!

No, he didn't draw that snowman... but I wouldn't put it past our little artsy-fartsy oldest.
I learned that Bodey has a best friend/girl friend at school. Her name is Jenna and they have been at Tots N Tales together since they started. She's a freaking doll. Anyways, they were inseparable, and of course adorable!





We had some great company right before Christmas. December 21st was my Grandma Mary's 80th birthday. My grandma, grandpa, aunt and uncle all flew in from Wyoming to celebrate. It was so nice to see them. We had a special dinner for her at Sullivan's where we met up with her brother Don, her sister Sis and her other brother Ray. There are seven kids in her family and six are still living. The oldest is 95 and the youngest is 77. It was so amazing to see them together and relive their lives as "Young-sters" (my grandma's maiden name is Young). My Grandma is the 2nd one from the left. Isn't she beautiful? I just adore her.

No comments: