Thursday, January 13, 2011

The Kid's Got It

Sometimes I don't give my kids enough credit. Sometimes I think they are still too young to really understand anything. But I think they are the ones who get it, and adults are the ones who are missing it. Here was our conversation on the way home from school today:

Booker: "Mom, I really love you."
Me: "I love you too Booker."
Booker: "Well, I love God more than you though."
Me (kind of glad, kind of sad): "Oh, buddy, that's good."
Booker: "Remember that "B" thing, Mom?"
Me: "Booker, I don't really know what you are talking about."
Booker: "Mom, that "B" thing. You know, where you got in the water?"
Me: "Oh, when I got baptized?"
Booker: "Yeah, I really want to get baptized when I get older."
Me: "Booker, that's great, I'm really proud of you for making that decision."

He knows because he loves God so much, he wants to get baptized. 'Bout made me cry.

***Update*** The next morning Booker reminded me that he wanted to get baptized. I asked him why he wanted to get baptized. "Because I love God, mom."

No comments: