Saturday, January 1, 2011

Christmas 2010

This year on Christmas Eve I cooked dinner. I've never done this before... I always make sure my dad cooks us up an awesome Christmas Eve dinner. The only problem with that is that Christmas Eve is also his birthday. So this year he got the night off and I made lasagna. Then after dinner we went to church. It was such an awesome night. They started out with a performance just like the Trans Siberian Orchestra. It was amazing. Bodey told me that he was going to go to sleep at church so Santa would come while he was sleeping. This is one reason that I was sure the boys would be up no later than 6am to see if Santa came. So, at 6am, Dusty and I were both awake... but no kids. So we went back to sleep until 7:30am... still no kids! At 7:50am Dusty went and turned their lights on. Bodey didn't budge, and Booker popped right up. He came into our room and asked why we turned his light on. We asked him what day it was. "Christmas." Well, did Santa come? "I don't know. Can I go see?" Of course! So he ran into the livingroom and came back down the hall yelling that Santa came. We told him to go get Bodey. He ran into Bodey's room and started jumping on his bed yelling, "Bodey, come on. Santa came!" Bodey still didn't budge. Then all of a sudden it clicked what Booker was saying and Bodey jumped up and said, "Today?" And they were off!









Overall, the boys got way entirely too spoiled, but it was a blast. Santa and the elves must have used their dictionary to find what Booker asked for, because he got his Colossus Dragonoid and Bodey got his Buzz Wings. I just love the age they are this year. Booker really got into the countdown to Christmas and told me how excited he was every night before he went to bed. Bodey was on the naughty list most of December, but somehow managed to only get one present taken away. And we still haven't caved... he will not be getting one of his gifts. He still keeps asking if he's good, can he have his present back? Can he have it back next Christmas? Nope. And we'll all survive. Until next year that is! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

3 comments:

Cori said...

You two are STRONG! What was the one present? Do you leave it out to torture him? LOL :)

Partridge Family said...

So cute! I can't believe how much Bodey looks like a mini-you. Glad you guys had a great Christmas!

B-Mom said...

Actually, he picked boring PJs without knowing it. And, yes, because of our lack of cleanliness... the present is still in his view!