Friday, August 22, 2008

Mama's Happy Cake

Wednesday was my Happy Cake, according to Booker. We have been talking a lot about Bodey's birthday party coming up so when I told Booker that it was my birthday he said, "No, Biss' Happy Cake." After I convinced him otherwise he agreed that it was my Happy Cake. Now we know what he remembered from Reese's birthday party!

Tuesday night Dusty's mom asked me if I thought Dusty would remember my birthday. I honestly didn't think he would since he has been working such odd hours out of town. But, Wednesday at work the receptionist called me up to the front for a package and to my suprise Dusty sent me a dozen beautiful red roses. The first thing I asked him was if he did it all by himself. He was so proud of himself for thinking of it the day before my birthday and by himself. He's just not the flower-giving type (I think I have only received one other rose from him in the last 8 years)... but I was absolutely thrilled!

1 comment:

Megan said...

That is so cute of Booker and so sweet of Dusty. Happy Belated Birthday! Have lots of "happy cake"!