Sunday, August 31, 2008

Minivan Does Not Equal Miniman

I once read an article in Parents magazine that was talking about how to be a cool dad. Well, one of them that I had to laugh at was Minivan = Miniman. It made me chuckle. However, Dusty has been pro-minivan since before we even had kids. He says they are "practical." In my search for a larger vehicle I fought the minivan. I was never going to drive one... ever! I was going to get a Yukon. That was until I started running some numbers and decided that gas wasn't one of my priorities of things I want to spend $$ on each month. Well, I started considering the minivan, reluctantly. I still just couldn't picture myself driving one. But then somehow I came around. I looked at one and researched them and honestly couldn't think of a better vehicle for the Feezell family. They truly are practical. They get the same MPG as my CR-V, if not better. And, most importantly, I can haul more than one passenger with the carseats in. Yep girls, even I will be able to drive to lunch! So, yesterday we made the purchase and I couldn't be happier! The Honda Oddessy is a mom and kid friendly car (it makes me feel better to say car instead of van). It has built in sunshades, a rear entertainment system, a navigation system and many, many other bells and whistles. Over all, I would have to give it 5 stars.

2 comments:

Cori said...

I happily welcome you to the non-kool-aid drinking cult. I don't like to call it a minivan either. I either call it a Honda or the Odyssey. I'm only fooling myself, but that's okay.

Rachel said...

I think it's great that you finally got it! It's super nice and will be wonderful for you guys! Can't wait to go for a spin in it! :)