Sunday, August 24, 2008

A One-derful Birthday Party

Bodey, today is your first birthday. I can't believe it. In the last year you have come such a long way, it is absolutely amazing to me. You made your way into the world August 24, 2007. You were a scheduled c-section and I have never been so excited and so nervous all at the same time. I started having contractions when I was waiting to go in for surgery, so I believe you were coming that day either way. I just couldn't believe how lucky I was to have another healthy beautiful baby boy. When you were only 5 days old, we had to take you to Children's Mercy because you had enterovirus meningitus; don't ask me what that is because I still don't fully understand. All I know is I was so scared for you. You had to have a spinal tap and an IV, and you held your own. When we got you home everything was great! That was until you were two weeks old and you decided that you wanted to be the baby of the family. You were so colicky that daddy made up his mind that you were the last baby. Until you were 12 weeks old I really wasn't too sure how I was going to handle having two kids. You were a little too much for mommy to handle. BUT, at 12 weeks old you became this perfect little angel. No one believed that you were ever a baby that cried all the time, because you were all smiles and laughs... constantly! When you were 6 months old you made another trip to Children's Mercy for RSV and bronchiolitis. That one scared me too, but we all made it through it. Ever since, every day with you has truly been a blessing. You make me smile and laugh even when I'm not with you. In the last year you have gained 17 pounds, grew a foot, and put smiles on so many people's faces. Last night at 11:50 you fussed a little in your sleep. Normally I just ignore you, but last night I just wanted to hold my baby. I went in and grabbed you out of your crib and rocked you until midnight... your 1st birthday. It was amazing. I just stared at you and smiled. You were asleep, but you had the most innocent little smile on your face too. Here are some highlights from your birthday party:




You acted like quite the professional when it came to devouring your cake!
Were you even licking your plate?
Yea! I'm one!
I don't know about you guys, but I'm partied out!
It's my party and I'll cry if I want to.
Just me and my big bro hanging out in our sandbox.
The only picture since my birth that my mom thinks looks like Booker.

3 comments:

Nickie said...

one? how is it even possible that he is one? and walking...no way. Wasn't he JUST born? Man how time flies.
That picture of him crying is to cute!!! :)

Kristen said...

Happy 1st Birthday Bodey!!! We're sorry that we missed the party. Dusty and I celebrated our anniversary on Saturday and Brady spent some quality time with his grandparents. :) We'll have to get together soon and celebrate then!

Joleene said...

Ok, it may be my hormones, but I had to cry when I read this. I know how fast these litle guys grow up. It is kind of sad that I am going to have my last "baby". I am going to spoil the crap out of him.