Saturday, November 27, 2010

Sleeping Innocence

Every night before bed, I sneak into each of the boys' rooms to just watch them sleep. It is my favorite part of the day... just staring at their precious little sleepy faces. I always go to bed with a smile on my face. I always wonder how long I'll continue this. I would prefer until the day they leave my house... but I guess it might be a little creepy to be checking on and watching an 18-year old sleep. Only time will tell.

Some nights when I stand there I am just amazed at how fast they are growing up. I can't believe how much of their beds they are taking up. I've glanced at them every night and have seen them go from barely making a dent in the crib to sprawled out in their big boy beds. And the sad thing is by looking at them every day, you don't even notice they've grown.



On Thanksgiving the boys spent the night at my parents' house. My dad checked on the boys while they were sleeping and noticed how differently they sleep. It always cracks me up too. Booker goes to bed and doesn't move one time until he wakes up in the morning. Bodey, on the other hand, touches every square inch of that bed, in every possible position. That would be the reason that Nana has finally put an end to them sleeping in her bed with her. Bodey is a little much to handle. He sleeps just fine, but no one else does.

2 comments:

The Eaves Family said...

There's nothing like the sight of your sleeping child, warms the heart!

Diana @ frontyardfoodie said...

Traci! They're getting so big! I'm already freaking out that my buddy is growing up too fast.