Thursday, October 20, 2011

Boy Stories

Yesterday, Booker came home from school and said, "Joe (not the kids real name) said 'you are fat'". I told Booker that he is clearly not fat, nowhere near being fat, and just to ignore that little mean boy. Then Booker said, "No, mom, he said you are fat. He said my mom is fat." OH NO HE DI-ENT! Are you kidding me? The Your Momma jokes are floating around in Kindergarten? Oh wow.

On to Bodey news, he decided yesterday that he is going to ride his bike with no training wheels. So he did. Once I got him going he was good... even turned around. But once he stopped I had to keep getting him going again. So then I started ignoring him when he would stop. And that little determined guy tried, and tried, and tried until he taught himself to get going my himself. Never once complained, never once got frustrated, never once asked for help. I was very impressed. He even went up and down the curb! He is a crazy little man, but I love his determination.

Last night Booker and Bodey were wrestling each other, like they do every chance they get, when one of them got hurt. Wrestling in our house always ends up in tears, so we tell them not to wrestle, and if they decide not to listen and one of them gets hurt, we don't care because we warned them. They always decide to wrestle anyway, and then come crying to us later. Anyways, last night when Bodey got hurt Dusty got mad and told them that if he catches them wrestling again, they would both be sent to their rooms. Booker said that Bodey always makes him wrestle. Dusty told him next time just to walk away and come stand next to him, that way Bodey will probably stop. And Booker said, "But, Daddy, how will I get away from him? Bodey has super strength!" I love that even the big brother looks up to his little brother every once in a while.

2 comments:

Cori said...

BAHAHAHAHAHA! Must call you! Cannot quit laughing!

Jennifer said...

HAHA Joe..you are on the list :) that is great. BTW super cute new pic