Friday, September 12, 2008

I Think You Slept Through A Tornado Warning

I has been raining for almost the past two weeks straight. I am so very sick of it. When I went to get the kids from daycare today Booker's teacher told me that she heard the tornado sirens were going off in Johnson County. Hum, whatever. It was just raining; no lightning, no thunder, no wind... just rain. Nothing severe. So I left to go get the kids in the car and Miss Amy was at the door offering to watch Booker while I strapped Bodey in so we didn't all get so wet. As I was strapping Bodey into his carseat the tornado sirens started going off. Let me just tell you that I guess I never realized how loud they are because I personally cannot hear Basehor's if I'm inside my house. HOWEVER, this one happened to be directly above my head! Not even kidding. So, after I figured out what had just made me crap myself, I got Bodey back out of the car and down to Tots N Tales basement. It was so cute to see all the kids using their tornado drill skills. They were all underneath tables. Well, except for stubborn Booker, but he probably hasn't gotten to do a tornado drill yet, right? Finally, we decided to go home. There were rumors that a tornado touched down in Bonner Springs, but I never did hear if that was true or not. Anyway, when I got home I found Dusty sleeping in his recliner. He said he knew the sirens were going off but he just couldn't keep his eyes open. No worries there. I wish I could be that calm. Not that I freak out, but I just have a different perspective on storms now that I have kids. My overwhelming protector skills kick in on full blast.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow that must have been really loud!! I just wanted to tell you that Booker has done the Tornado drills before but whenever I would practice with them Booker would always want to lay on his back and not on his knees. :-) Its not supposed to be fun but the kids could always make me laugh even when I was trying to be serious about the situation. I think they were all wondering why Aunt Nicole was dragging all of them into the closet and they were going to make the most of it!!! LOL :-)
We all miss the boys and Gracie still keeps asking when Booker and Bodey are coming. Im glad they are adjusting to the new daycare especially now since they don't have sippy cups, TV, and toys. What a Bummer but they have to go to school and become big boys at some point. Aunt Nicole just doesn't want them to grow up. :-( I still see them as 3 month old babies. Time goes by so fast and I am so Thankfull to have been blessed with being able to take care of the two cutest and most sweetest boys for the time that I had with them. :+) Oh and Gracie was so sad when she seen that Booker got hurt and was bleeding. "What Happened" "Booker has a Boo Boo and needs to go to the doctor" thats what Eddie and I heard all night because Grace was so worried!!! Take care and talk to you soon. Tell the boys we said Hello!!
Lots of Love
Aunt Nicole

Kristen said...

I'm pretty sure my Dusty could sleep through tornado warnings too... too funny! I'm glad the boys are adjusting to school. Poor Booker, I bet it is quite an adjustment, but with his little personality, I'm sure it won't take too long to get in the swing of things.

We need to get together soon! I'll send you an email! :)