Monday, September 8, 2008

Tots N Tales

Booker and Bodey started "school" last Tuesday at Tots N Tales Montessori School. I am very excited at the many things they will do and learn. We are, however, having a little bit of a rough time adjusting. Booker's whole world has been turned upside down. No longer will he just be in his comfort zone of sippy cups, TV and toys. The first day Booker didn't eat... anything. Bodey didn't nap. Mom couldn't wait to go pick them up. The next few days were a little of the same, and then since Friday, it has been really hard. Booker repeats the entire way to school "I don't want to go to school." Then, as soon as we pull into the parking lot he starts crying. We are supposed to go straight to the lunchroom for breakfast. That is Bodey's cup of tea so he has no problems at all. But Booker refuses to eat. And, he is "that kid." The one screaming and crying and kicking. I shamefully hand him over to his teacher and say sorry. It is only a few minutes after I leave that he is absolutely fine, but it is still really hard. When I pick them up at night I always sneak in to watch Booker before he sees me and he is ALWAYS smiling and having a great time. So I know deep down that it is ok.

Before school...


After school...



2 comments:

Cori said...

I just love you. That video CRACKS me up!

Partridge Family said...

Like I said, you are a lot stronger than I am!! I think kids should come with a mute button. Maybe I'll see if Kalon can invent it!