Saturday, November 1, 2008

Family Restrooms

Today I found the true reason that family restrooms exist. They are for when your son poops in his underwear in public. Yep, this has happened to me twice now and I know it's nowhere near the last time. The first time was at The Cheesecake Factory. No family restroom there. What a nightmare. I had some spare underwear and some baby wipes in the car, but I thought if it was just a log in his drawers, we could dump it in the toilet, use some toilet paper and be on our way home. So, I took him into the bathroom to the stall with the baby changer in it. Once I pulled his pants down I was commited. There was no turning back to run out and get fresh undies. It was a full blowout, no log. So, I carefully pulled his pants off, only getting a little bit on his socks. Then I threw his underwear away and started wiping, and wiping, and wiping. You see, toilet paper just doesn't do the wonders that baby wipes do. I almost used an entire roll and every time I wiped, Booker said, "Owie mommy. It hurts." I just kept telling him I'm sorry, but I'm not the one who decided to poop my pants in public. Keep in mind that people are going in and out of the bathroom and it reeked in there. Quite embarrassing. Oh well.
But, today I had to change his poopy pants at Walmart. I usually hate Walmart for everything except their prices, but today I found a new love for them. Their family restroom. I didn't have to worry about anyone coming in and hearing or smelling us. It was great! And, just to make sure mommy wasn't too mad, Booker ended our episode with, "Thanks for clean my butt." That makes it all better.

No comments: