Saturday, November 29, 2008

Oh Black Friday

I did it, for the 2nd year in a row. I woke up at 3:15am to go shopping and I'm once again glad I did. I got a pair of $150 dress boots at JC Penney for $31.49, 5 kids movies for $5.98-9.00, other random toys, and a Blueray DVD player for $129 (regularly $262). And most of all, I really enjoyed watching all the REALLY crazy people out there. Some people camped out the night before, some people are absolutely the rudest people I have ever come in contact with, and some are just in it for a good deal. My neighbors have made a Black Friday'er out of me!

On another Christmas note, my mom and I put up my Christmas tree today. Well, kind of. This year we decided to go with just the tree, lights, and garland... no decorations. They are only going to cause me much unneeded stress, so we did without!

Today I took my mom and mother-in-law to the Trans Siberian Orchestra for their Christmas presents. I was unaware that I was taking two very un-TSO educated people. I think they were both expecting a nice relaxing orchestra playing Christmas music. Before it started my mom said, "I hope it's not too loud." I told her that I bet it's going to be extremely loud. Then a few minutes later she said, "Oh no. I can see a strobe light. I hate strobe lights." Hum, well, maybe we came to the wrong place because TSO is all about the lights. About halfway through it, my mother-in-law said that this was not at all what she expected. But, it was the most amazing concert ever, and they both were in awe and amazed. They absolutely loved it! I'm glad it was a hit and I would definitely go again.

And, to get us in the Christmas mood, it snowed all day today. I love the snow because if it's going to be cold, there better be some white on the ground.

3 comments:

Cori said...

Oh you big chicken, PUT SOME ORNAMENTS ON YOUR TREE! What's Christmas with Booker and Bodey without a little stress? I will not be the only crazy mother in this neighborhood! :) Thanks for the ride Friday, btw.

Melissa said...

I'm very jealous that you got to see the TSO this weekend but I'm glad to hear your parents liked it. It was very nice meeting them, I wish I could have hung out with them a little...to see where you get your wacky personality from. :-)

Partridge Family said...

Those pictures of your boys are adorable. I just want to kiss their cute little cheeks. I can't believe you woke up at 3:15 a.m. to go shopping. I think you are CRAZY!!