Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Ode to My Carpet

Oh Carpet, you have had it pretty rough the last few days. But, those days are over.

Booker is having a bit of trouble going poop on the toilet. He knows when he has to go, but he just "prefers" to go in his pants. It gets a little frustrating to say the least. So Dusty and I were trying really hard to bribe him in any way to go on the toilet. I guess we pushed him the opposite direction and he became afraid to poop and afraid to tell us. So, Saturday (while I was out completely enjoying my kid-free time) Dusty heard Booker in his room during his nap. Booker had decided to hide his poop. No, not just hide the fact that he pooped, but actually physically hide his poop. Dusty entered to find poop all over Booker's hands, the carpet, the trash can, the desk, and the dresser. He used a bottle of carpet cleaner to try to clean it up, but when I got home I could still smell it. I went out and bought another bottle of carpet cleaner, but I just wasn't fully satisfied. I knew we were going to have to rent a carpet cleaner. So mom and I headed to Walmart to rent one. Apparently, they stopped renting them "3 or 4 months ago." Like I should have known. So, mom to the rescue. She asked me if I wanted a carpet cleaner for Christmas! Well, of course I do! I honestly haven't been this excited about a Christmas present since my engagement ring. Does that mean I'm getting old?

Oh yeah, and then yesterday my dog, Harley, decided to go outside and eat poop and then come back in and barf it all up... on, you, poor carpet.

1 comment:

Cori said...

That is so freaking funny (because it's not my child)!

And your mom bought US a carpet cleaner? Awesome! :)

I thought about you today. Sorry your parents left. If you need a distraction, come on by.