Thursday, October 16, 2008

No Longer

I used to get so stressed out when my child was sick and I had to stay home and miss work. Literally, it would put me into tears because I was so worried about what my boss thought. No longer. First and foremost, I am a mother. If my child is sick, they are my #1 priority. Work is not. I do still care what my boss thinks, but I have learned that it is out of my control. I have a 1-yr old and a 2-yr old at home. They are going to get sick and need mommy. The thing I remember most about being sick when I was little is my mom. She was ALWAYS there for me, and that made me feel better. It was a huge shocker to me the first time I got sick after I had left home. It's like I just moped around waiting for someone to pamper me like my mom did. But, those days are over for me, but just beginning for my kiddos. And I proudly accept that as my responsibility.

4 comments:

Joleene said...

I know what you mean. I feel sad to go to work and take care of other people's sick kids when mine are home sick. Even though Colby is perfectly capable. Being a mom is the best job!

Anonymous said...

I read all of your blogs, some of them were quite funny! You need to do the teacher thing so you have more time off! The boys are growing up so fast! Sounds like you all have been busy!
Tara

JENNIFER said...

I tagged you on my blog! "50 FUN things about me!"

AND I hope that Bodey is feeling better!!! You are an amazing mom!

Partridge Family said...

I'm happy to hear that the boss doesn't make you nervous anymore! You are probably having a positive impact on her by showing her how important your boys are to you. Bytheway, thanks for all the winter clothes! I don't know how we would have made it without you.