Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Pride

Last week I pulled Mrs. Phyllis (Booker's teacher) aside and talked to her about Booker's potty training. I told her that it has just been dragging on and we aren't really getting anywhere. He mainly goes on the potty at school, and doesn't really care if he goes in his pull-up because it is just like a diaper. She said he does pretty good at school. I asked her what she thinks about pull-ups and she said she hates them. She believes in diapers to underwear. She always used to do that until parents started bringing pull-ups, so she let them. I said I hate pull-ups too. They are way too much like a diaper and the stupid things are expensive! She said, great, he starts Monday. Bring lots of extra clothes. So, I did. Monday morning Booker wore his big boy underwear to school and we took 4 changes of clothes. When I picked him up we had 3 baggies of wet clothes and he was wearing the 4th. Well, ok, it was the 1st day. He was dry all evening at home. Tuesday we took new pairs of clothes and when I picked him up, he was wearing different pants, but only because they got wet at recess! He pooped his pants during his nap, but went all day in the potty. Today when I picked him up he had a clean report. My little man went in the toilet ALL DAY LONG. I am so proud of him. I wasn't sure how long it would take him. This is also better for Dusty and I. I am guilty of "forgetting" to take him to the potty every 30-45 minutes at home and on the weekends. Let me just tell you, it is a little easier to remember when at any given time your couch, carpet, etc can be drinched. Booker boy, keep it up, mommy and daddy are so proud of our big boy!

No comments: