Thursday, January 8, 2009

Cruel & Unusual Punishment


For any of you moms that have been through this, you know what a toll it has taken on my heart. Bodey got sent home from daycare (again) with wheezing, diarrhea and a fever. So, we

took a trip to the doctor to find out that he has pneumonia (again). It just breaks my heart to imagine how this little guy feels. He was wheezing pretty bad so he had a breathing treatment. Then she listened to him again, and it was worse. Apparently he was so tight before the treatment that she couldn't really hear anything moving around. The 1st treatment loosened him up and it sounded horrible! So, she ordered an x-ray. We've been down this road before. Broke my heart then and did again today. That horrible looking contraption you see in the picture is what they stick him in to x-ray him. He screamed bloody murder the entire time. I would too. On a lighter note, since Bodey's last x-ray I tried to explain the contraption to people, but could never really get across its cruelty. So this time around, I asked the technician if I could take a picture of him. She said, "For what?" Well, you see ma'am, I'm an avid blogger, and this is a big event in his life, so I need a picture. She just looked at me funny, but let me get the shot. :)

8 comments:

Melissa said...

I think my heart just broke. Poor little guy! And poor little you who had to watch it all. :-(

Nickie said...

At 1st I seen the picture and started to giggle thinking that you were practicing some new punishment routine to show him who's boss. :) then I read it and my heart just broke. Poor little guy. That is awful! I am telling you, being a Mommy is not for the faint of heart. Hang in there. Hope he gets better soon.

Cori said...

That is AWFUL. I've never seen one of those. When we did xrays of little people in ER, we just held them down and suffered the radiation exposure along with them. (you know, the humane way.) :) I'm so sorry, Trace. Poor Bodey.

JENNIFER said...

Ah! I thought that he like fell into a blender or something when I first saw this! I'm sure it's hard on you and traumatizing for him. hang in there and YOU stay healthy!

Nickie said...

I can't stop looking at that picture. Poor Bodey!!! Poor Mommy for having to see that!

B-Mom said...

Thanks everyone! He seems to be doing fine. Dusty asked me last night how we were ever going to get him healthy because he was running laps in the house and riding his little car everywhere. BOYS!

Partridge Family said...

Traci-I thought that was a fake picture. That you had somehow taken a picture of Bodey and then used some software to put him inside of that contraption. When I read that that was how they take x-rays, I wanted to cry. That poor little guy and poor little Mom. That would be 10000000 times worse than watching your kid get shots.

BLogger said...

Luke had an x-ray in one of those too when he was a baby. When they told me he had to get an x-ray, I thought no big deal because we did them all the time on kids and held them down like Cori said. He was really upset, and I cried the whole time. I am glad to here he is getting better