Thursday, January 29, 2009

"You Never Know What You're Gonna Get With Booker" Ms. Phyllis

Yesterday was a sad, sad day for Booker. He lost the privilege to wear his cowboy boots to school. They were getting a little disruptive and being used as weapons. He kept taking them off and throwing them across the room, crying when they wanted to put them back on him, crying when he wanted them back on after he told them no, and he was putting them on his hands and pushing his friends. As I read the note from Ms. Phyllis "We would prefer if he wore different shoes" one thing flashed through my mind. Crap. He's gonna throw a major fit in the morning when he can't wear them. So, this morning he predictably said, "I wanna wear my cowboy boots." I sat him down, looked him in the eyes, and told him that Ms. Phyllis said he was being a bad boy with his cowboy boots and he has lost his privileges to wear them to school. He was really sad and just looked down. I asked him if that was ok, and he very sadly and quietly said, "Ok." It could have gone so much worse, but he was excited to get to wear his "work boots." Today when I dropped him off at school I told Ms. Phyllis that I really hoped today went better. All she said was, "You never know what you're gonna get with Booker," and smiled.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonder what that means....ma

Cori said...

You know, that kind of pisses me off. Ms. Phyllis needs to quit picking on B-Man. He's just a boy who loves his boots....

Anonymous said...

I agree with Cori...ma again