Monday, January 19, 2009

Every Cowboy Needs Some Boots

One day Booker came home determined to be a cowboy. "I'm gonna get some cowboy boots and ride a horse." Once again, Dusty couldn't be happier. All of a sudden, my little boy has all these interests, and that just means he's growing up. So sad, but that's another blog. Anyways, I'm not sure if they were learning about cowboys at school, or if one of his little friends has some cowboy boots, but I was easily coaxed into buying him some new boots. I also knew that I couldn't just buy some cheap uncomfy ones either, because these boots will probably take the place of his "work boots" in which he wears EVERY day. So, Saturday morning the boys and I jumped in the car and went on a search. We went to Feldman's first, but all we found there were two little toy horses we couldn't live without. So, on to Cavendar's. Of course they had what we needed, and of course once he tried them on, we weren't getting them off. So, for convenience and to avoid a tantrum in public, we got the cowboy some boots. And, I was right... he hasn't taken them off, and he even slept with them.

4 comments:

Melissa said...

He looks like such a little grown up...too cute!

Partridge Family said...

Oh I love boys in cowboy boots! I just want to eat them up. Does he have a cowboy hat?

B-Mom said...

Bodey actually has a cowboy hat, that Booker has claimed. Last night he had it on and he was running into the walls (on purpose) with it on.

Kristen said...

Holy cow! That second picture is precious! He looks so proud!